When it comes to choosing a counter for our kitchen, certain natural materials are always brought up: marble, granite and technogranite (or quartz, as it often called).
Marble and granite are natural rocks and each slab is unique. Their coloring varies, as well as the number of “waters/waves” and only the background base of the color is maintained.
Technogranite (quartz) is considered a technical rock. Quartz plates contain about 90% mineral quartz, while the other 10% contains pigments and resin.
Their resistance to stress and temperatures as well as their durability is known for all three materials. However, each one has its own distinctive features.
Marble is relatively more sensitive than the three materials and needs greater protection from acid and chemical cleansers. Granite is the next more durable material offering greater resistance to acids, heat and stress. Finally, quartz is the most durable of the materials, as it does not absorb liquids, is resistant to scratches and resist acid and chemical cleansers.
The maintenance of the granite or technogranite (quartz) bench is quite simple, using gentle household cleaners. As far as marble is concerned, avoid the use of acidic abrasive cleaners because they can cause serious damage to the material.
Science now provides satisfactory solutions to avoiding stains, with proper waterproofing/protection; we can protect our countertop workbench and enjoy it for a lifetime!
Visiting shops and factories that are specialized in the manufacture and placement of countertops will allow you to see the materials firsthand and their trained personnel will solve all your questions and help you make the right choice.
By choosing marble, granite or quartz for your kitchen counter, you invest in quality and durability. And you can be sure that:
Your kitchen counter will be unique and nature will have taken care of it.
Sources: 01. minimalisti.com 02. Panamarm archive 03. decorationforhouse.com 04. Katie Helldorfer 05. Barlow and Barlow Design 06. Panamarm archive 07. Panamarm archive