By observing archaeological findings and historical monuments around the world, we can see that natural rocks have always been a basic option for their application to architectural structures of any size.
Marble, granite, limestone, were and are particularly popular in indoor and outdoor use as natural building materials of high durability.
Where can I use marble?
Marbles are everywhere, and that isn’t by accident. We see them standing majestically in the Parthenon and Knossos, we admire them in the Parliament’s halls and the huge chambers of temples, in the luxurious lobbies, swimming pools and atriums of hotels.
In modern construction, natural rocks are found in all areas of the home. Floors, washbasins, bathtubs and kitchen benches, stairwells, wall coverings.
Marble gives a special aristocratic style filled with elegance and luxury. Its high aesthetics and durability put it among the first choices for design professionals – architects and decorators – but also by private builders.
Why choose marble for the floors of your house?
The use of marble (and natural rocks in general) for covering floors in public and private spaces has prevailed due to its plethora of advantages over other building materials. Features such as:
• It is a natural product, thus it is friendly to the environment
• Resistance to wear due to everyday use
• The ease of maintenance and renewal of its face after many years (perhaps centuries!) without needing to be replaced
• Its variety of colors to suit all tastes
• Designs and combinations of materials cover a wide range of construction options
• Due to its structure it is considered to be the most suitable ally of underfloor heating.
• Its properties are the reason why infrared heating of marble is gaining more and more fans.
• Modern processing methods can adapt the look of the floor to match each architectural style.
In reality, the possibilities of using marble on the floors only end where your imagination stops!
So, everything is perfect then?
Today, thanks to the evolution of technology, the risks associated with the use of chemicals for everyday care tend to disappear.
With the appropriate protective materials, available from specialist stores, the care of marble and natural stones becomes a simple process.
So, if you are looking for marbles or their care products, we can help you find the right solutions at the right prices. Contact us!